If you’ve ever moved to a new place, you’ve probably realised something you don’t always like to admit: you have way too much stuff. In fact, one in four Americans have a clutter problem!
With so many items weighing us down in our daily lives, it’s no surprise that one of the biggest trends in home decor these days is not just a design style, but an entire lifestyle change — a growing movement called ‘minimalism’ or ‘minimalist living’.
What is a Minimalist Lifestyle?
It’s a lifestyle change that’s all about how to live with less and do more. Minimalism, according to the minimalist philosophy, means living with less. It’s about clearing the clutter in your life physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually. It’s about getting rid of stuff you don’t need, want or use. It’s about living with intention and about being present in the moment.
It also doesn’t mean living with nothing. It is not about eliminating the things you love or living with as little as possible. It is about how to live a meaningful life with less so that you can focus on what’s most important and eliminate the distractions.
Tips for Minimalist Living
Here are some tips for minimalist living:
- If you haven’t used something in a year, move it from the ‘maybe’ pile to the ‘discard’ pile. The goal is to get rid of things that just take up space in your home and are not items that you use on a regular basis.
- Ask yourself 3 questions: do I need it, do I love it, do I use it? If the answer is no to these questions, then the chances are that you will rarely, if ever, use it. So, get rid of it.
- Clean your place often. This ensures that you regularly declutter and throw away any unwanted or unused things. Cleaning regularly also allows you to think more clearly and have greater focus in your life, which leads to making better decisions.
- Ask yourself why you are buying something before you make a purchase. This can help you to determine if you really need it and to have greater purpose in your life. It will also help you to live with intention and not by default.
- Start decluttering the more visible areas around you like furniture, shelves, floors and later move onto the hidden areas like inside cabinets, closets, wardrobes, and the like.
- Only keep items if they serve a particular purpose or hold a special meaning to you. If they don’t, then chances are you really don’t them.
- Resist the urge to splurge unnecessarily. Don’t get caught up in the hype of advertising. Instead, think about whether you really need to buy something. This can also save you $$.
*Hey there, are you interested to know how to GET YOUR HOME IN ORDER ALMOST IMMEDIATELY? This amazing little book will teach you that CLUTTER is keeping you from having the life you deserve. Use this simple system and watch the chaos roll away, leaving you with space to live your life with joy!
To find out more, click the link below:
As a ClickBank Affiliate, I receive a small commission at no cost to you, if you proceed to make a purchase.
Minimalist living has many benefits. Here are a few:
- Good for the environment: by purchasing less you’re helping to protect the environment from destruction and depletion of its natural resources.
- Good for your health and well-being: minimalist living allows you to think more clearly, to be more productive and to live with a greater sense of purpose.
- Save money: by being more selective about what you purchase, you are saving more money by resisting the urge to purchase ‘just because’.
- More time: by having less in your place you will have less to clean, and therefore more time to do other things.
- Greater appreciation: by decluttering you will have a greater appreciation of the things around you because they are the things that serve a particular purpose or provide value to your life.
Living a minimalist lifestyle has so many benefits for your health and general well-being, not to mention your bank account!
Minimalism is a way of life and can make you feel happier by removing the clutter around you and thus living a simpler life.
You can adopt this lifestyle today and see if it works for you! Would you recommend this lifestyle to your family and friends?